April 25, 2011

Rancho Buena Vista Adobe Wedding- Floral Design

Irma and David, Rancho Buena Vista Adobe, Vista CA
with amazing photography by APStudios

My readers have a treat in store today-  David and Irma's wedding.   I think it will always be one of my favorites!
I first met Irma when she stopped by to see my work while setting up Erin and Ryan's wedding.  Later, at our consultation, I remember being so impressed to see how wonderful she and David were with each other.  They really enjoyed planning this event together and I loved working with them.
 Irma's vision was to have a Vintage 40's style to their wedding.  She had already picked out her ivory birdcage veil with feather flower and also the bridesmaid's veiled hats, so this was a great start.  Her colors were delicious shades of ivory, latte, caramel, and mocha.  (yumm!)
 Her bouquet was handtied with ivory and sand colored roses. She was thrilled when I suggested tucking in a few feather plumes and pearls, and showed her how I make these old silk ribbon roses.  
David, on the other hand, was not at all interested in wearing a flower!  So we came up with these "manly bouts" made with flax and hypericum and wrapped in copper wire.  Then I really pushed his limits with the feather, and he liked it!
The ceremony took place under a classic rose wreath nestled in the archway above.  The adobe brick isle was adorned with ivory roses and stones.



A floral candelabra was placed on the entry table along with family photos, and there's a caramel colored orchid for the mother of the bride.  

The bridesmaid bouquets also had touches of flax, feathers and ribbon roses, and here's a little pomander waiting for it's flower girl.




For the reception tables, we added a little more color and sparkle!  There were two styles of centerpieces- tall branches, draped with crystal ropes and hanging votives, emerged from a base of ivory flowers and greenery... 

...and other guests enjoyed low glass squares filled with candlelight and overflowing with luscious blooms and berries.
This cake, done by Briar Mist Cakes http://www.briarmist.com was so beautiful with it's gorgeous textures, I truly hesitated to put flowers on it!
All in all, it was a very romantic affair...

 for two really special people.

post script:  Irma sent me an email on their one year anniversary to thank me again for her "perfect" wedding.  See what I mean?  My dream bride!
Floral Occasions by Janna Hatch
jannahatch@sbcglobal.net

No comments:

Post a Comment